EASY to get to. EASY to park. EASY to shop and dine.
The Dome District is a wonderful starting point for any adventure! There are plenty of choices for eating, shopping and services, and transportation options and parking are plentiful. It's easy to enjoy lots of activities nearby, including nationally acclaimed concerts at the Tacoma Dome.
Of the four hotels in downtown Tacoma, two are in the Dome District with easy access from I-5 to the rest of downtown. The Dome District is a transit hub – enjoy easy-access to buses, trains and light rail. You can make staying in Tacoma virtually car-free experience.
With so many shops and attractions, you won't be bored during your visit.
- Take a rock climbing challenge.
- Shop for the latest bike gear or home furnishing designs.
- Enjoy delicious cake from the local bakery or sample Almond Roca at the world-renowned factory.
- Rent a kayak and take a paddle on the water.
- Dining experiences range from upscale to casual.
Many of Tacoma's attractions are within reach. The neighborhood is named after the Tacoma Dome, a popular venue that hosts concerts and other events.
- Walk or bike to local parks and the waterfront.
- Visit LeMay—America's Car Museum.
- Cross the D Street bridge and connect to the beautiful Thea Foss Waterway, Marina and Esplanade to downtown.
- Ride Link light rail to the theater or dinner downtown.
You can arrive in the Dome District by car, bus, train, or light rail. Connect to downtown, area and region with the Link light rail, Sound Transit buses, Sounder commuter rail, Pierce Transit buses, Greyhound and Amtrak train service.